Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 1

A few hours after I posted yesterday and told the world that I was giving up social media for 10 Days, I started to feel a bit panicked.

What was I thinking?!
How can I go for 10 Days without facebook and twitter?
I'm in rehearsals for the show 42nd Street and I need to advertise and post about it to generate interest and fill up our seats on July 13-15.
What if someone tags a picture of me and I can't check it and make sure that I look decent.
What if someone doesn't know how to get in touch with me other than through facebook?
What if I miss writing "Happy Birthday" on someones wall and their feelings get hurt?
I considered calling the whole thing off.

Fortunately a good friend talked me down and reminded me of all the things I keep saying that I need to do, and that without the distraction of social media I will have so much more time to get those things done.
It is only ten days, right?

I wonder who has posted something funny or sweet or political on facebook.
I wonder what great articles and jokes I'm missing over on twitter.
I'll find out in 10 days.

I was thrilled when a dear friend from the other side of the pond shared my blog post and began a fast of her own. I hope she finds it beneficial.

This is good for me. I've almost completely cleaned out my inbox and now I'm going to study my music and script and do some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment